Sunday, February 14, 2010

Do One New Thing - Life is a Game!







Till this week, I had not played Badminton for close to 2 years. This absence was more due to a lack of opportunity than anything else. My college does not have a Badminton court, and to tell you the truth there have been many moments in my hostel room and many more in the classroom where I have longed for the sound of a shuttle cock cracking against a badi racket.


There is a new badminton court at the huge DRDO estate next to my house. For the past few months every time I rode by that court I had wishfully looked at it. 


Last week, having absolutely nothing to do I hesitantly took out my Carbonex, gunned the engine to life and went to the court. 


As a fifteen year old, I was decent at Badminton. I always found myself playing with people older than me and I did ok. 


Now, as I entered the DRDO court, I saw a bunch of fifteen year olds playing. And man could they play! 


Isn't life funny? I asked one of those kids his name, and he said Ritesh.


What's your name? he asked


"Gaurav. But I was a Ritesh once." I smiled. Life is indeed a conveyor belt.