Saturday, October 24, 2009

Welcome To Done Thing

By Gaurav Parab

Hi. This is awkward. For two reasons.

1) New beginnings are always strange

2) And I have sworn that every post in this blog will go directly in, without edits or drafts. So I am thinking as I write. Rather I am writing as I think. You get it, don't you? This is rambling on. At its best. Wondering what the next sentence will be. It could well be the next sentence.

Lets make sense now.

I am Gaurav Parab, and I have been blogging at Gaurav Parab Says for some time. That blog is an interesting place for humor, poetry and words is what I hear. How interesting it is, I leave it to your judgment. However, one interesting thing I did two years ago was start this experiment of Doing One New Simple Thing Every Week. It was based on similar attempts by different people in the world.

I followed the routine for 5 weeks, and God - they were an exciting five weeks! I received tens of mails from people suggesting simple new things I could do, and more importantly I made some very interesting friends. I dont know why i stopped, but I think it has something to do with a Goa trip which broke my routine.

And time rambled on. And i forgot about the whole idea. But I did not forget the experience. It was memorable. Beautiful in its simplicity, yet powerful in its ability to help me make the most of the limited time we all have on this beautiful planet.

And so I am starting again. And I will be writing about it on my new blog, this blog http://donething.blogspot.com/

The writing will be straight from the heart, and the things I do will be simple and designed to make me a better person. Lets hope how it goes. I am excited, and I hope you keep visiting and follow my journey every week on Saturday / Sunday. See you next week. I will let you in on an interesting thing I have been planning for some time. Thank you.

Do visit, my previous experiments at doing One New Thing Every Week:







3 comments:

  1. is it "Done Thing" or "Do Ne Thing".. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Should I do next week?

    - Get a facial: U dont have time for dis!

    - Stop promoting my blogs shamelessly & Study for my exams: Dont fool urself, u r never gonna do dis..!

    - Kill a random professor & Win the Nobel Prize: Isn't d former a qualification criteria for d latter...! Plz go ahead.. :)

    ReplyDelete